Start with these discovery questions:
- Does your customer have a home to sell?
- Where is the home located?
- Does the home meet Opendoor's purchase criteria?
This lesson will cover:
- Where Opendoor buys homes
- What types of homes Opendoor buys
Opendoor operates in 20+ metro areas:
Learn more about where Opendoor buys and sells homes.
What types of homes does Opendoor buy?
It's important to note that our buying criteria varies by city. Due to market conditions, our buying criteria may change at any time. The best way to find out if a home qualifies is to request an offer.
General purchase criteria:
- Single-family homes and townhomes
- Typical valuation between $100k-$500k
- Built after 1960
- 0.5-acre lot size (up to 1.5 acres in select markets)
Homes outside the “buybox”:
- Gated communities
- Homes in or near flood zones
- Homes with leased solar, un-permitted additions, or significant foundation issues
Learn more about types of homes Opendoor purchases.